BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

week 16 Evaluation of web 2.0 tools

Google alerts

I have set up a few alerts for my personal interest. I can see these alerts saving time searching for information. The alert lets you know when the information arrives.

I currently use alerts within the library catalogue to reserve and tell customers what's new. I can see how google alerts would be a useful tool for both work and personal use in saving time looking for information on the web.


Feedburner


Feedburner would be a very useful tool for someone who is using there blog all the time. Although I don't consider my self a blogger I can see the importance and role in providing statistics.


Survey Monkey

Good resource for libraries to find out information by compiling a survey and getting replies.Enjoyed this survey as mine was about cake flavours and what flavour would you prefer?

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

You have highlighted the fact that the crucial thing is how these tools can work for you - and not be time consuming.